October 17, 2009

Taking a 2-Year-Old on a Royal Caribbean Cruise

Our mother-daughter cruise to the Mexican Riviera is almost over. I have learned so much about myself, my daughter and traveling alone with a 2-year-old. What I can say for sure is that it's certainly not easy, but that's not to say it's not fun, and it is very rewarding.
Mexico is an amazing place to take young children. We had a great time playing at the beach. Almost everywhere is family friendly and the people are always understanding and ready to lend a hand.
I think that, next time, I am going to make sure that we pick a cruise line or vacation spot where there is a program for kids as young as 2. One of the most frustrating things was not having any help at all and the constant pressure of being "on guard" so to speak was exhausting. Also, toward the middle of our journey, Ava really wanted to have somewhere to go to interact with other children her age. However, I do have to say, wherever there was music onboard the ship, there was Ava dancing. If there was a nomination for dancing queen onboard this cruise of the Mariner of the Seas, she would surely win it.

No comments: